|Old Sarum & Longhedge Neighbourhood Watch Scheme Update.|
How to join
We currently have 79 volunteers who between them deliver the 4,300 newsletters every two months, but are short due to residents moving and an increase in new houses.
We need volunteers to deliver newsletters in the areas below. Can you help?
Contact Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org
|LFPC Privacy Notice |
PARISH COUNCIL GRANT SCHEME
The Council encourages applications from local community based, ‘not for profit’ or charitable organisations e.g. voluntary groups, societies, clubs (including new start-ups), sports clubs, youth clubs, playgroups, and community projects.
Note: The application form is in Word Document format and will be downloaded to your download folder.
See the Old Sarum Community Website and newsletter here.
What to do in case of flood?
|Statement on Access to Old Sarum Airfield|
Following the circulation of the Resident’s Neighbourhood Plan Questionnaire, Old Sarum Airfield Limited have asked us to make the following points clear on access to the airfield.
“Old Sarum Airfield is a commercial operation on private land and access is only open to those invited or authorised by the owners of the airfield. The airfield property provides no rights of public access and any unauthorised access is trespass, with unauthorised incursion into the licenced aerodrome being a criminal offence. The airfield property is fenced to prevent unauthorised access and we take significant steps to remove those persons who enter the property unlawfully as they create danger to themselves and others including authorised users".
NOTICE OF ELECTION
UK Parliamentary Election for SALISBURY CONSTITUENCY
1. An Election is to be held for a Member of Parliament to serve Salisbury Constituency.
2. Nomination papers can be obtained from:
• the Electoral Commission website at: http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/candidate-or-agent/uk-parliamentary-general-election-great-britain
• Main Reception at County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN
• Main Reception, The Council House, Bourne Hill, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 3UZ
• Main Reception at Council Offices, Monkton Park, Chippenham SN15 1ER
• By telephoning Wiltshire Electoral Services on 0300 456 0112
3. Nomination papers must be hand delivered to the Acting Returning Officer or his appointed electoral staff (not reception staff) on any working day after the date of this notice, between the hours of 10am and 4pm from Tuesday 12 November 2019 until Thursday 14 November 2019 but no later than 4pm on Thursday 14 November 2019
4. Nomination papers can only be hand delivered to the following two locations:
• Main Reception at County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN. Please ask for a member of the Electoral Services Team on arrival
• Main Reception, The Council House, Bourne Hill, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 3UZ. Please ask for a member of the Electoral Services Team on arrival
5. The £500 deposit may be paid by legal tender or by means of a banker’s draft from a drawer which carries on business as a banker in the United Kingdom or by debit or credit card or the electronic transfer of funds. American Express cannot be accepted. The bank details of the council are Wiltshire Council, with the sort code 40-44-33, and account number 51460021. Please quote 900001 and candidates surname and initial as a reference.
6. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 12 December 2019.
7. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Tuesday 26 November 2019.
8. Applications for postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8JN by 5pm on Tuesday 26 November 2019.
9. Amendments or cancellations of postal or proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8JN by 5pm on Tuesday 26 November 2019.
10. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8JN by 5pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019.
11. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8JN by 5pm on Thursday 12 December 2019. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019.
Dated Monday 11 November 2019 Dr Carlton Brand
Acting Returning Officer
Our Parish Plan outlined the need for the following action:The next monthly Parish Council meeting will be held on Monday 18th November at Old Sarum Community Centre at 7pm. Residents are welcome to attend.
"The Parish Council will continue to secure representation from the four communities and will seek further ways to improve its association with them for example by rotating the venue of Parish meetings."
Future Parish Council meetings will be held at Old Sarum Community Centre, Hampton Park (Greentrees School) and Laverstock at River Bourne Community Farm on a rolling programmed basis.
Residents can address the council with any concerns for up to 3 minutes before the meeting proper starts.
Details of meetings and agenda are to be found on our
Old Sarum Airfield Planning Application Appeal Public Enquiry
The Appeal Decision has been announced for Planning Application 15/04004/OUT which included the construction of 462 dwellings on the airfield. The appeal has been dismissed by the Inspector and planning permission has been refused.
The PC is providing a table which lists the Planning Applications that have been referred to the Parish Council for their opinion. Applications are generally considered by a team of three
Councillors, but may occasionally be referred to the whole Council. Full details may be viewed on the Wiltshire Council website.
The RESPONSE is the view of the Parish Council and will be considered, along with other consultations, by Wiltshire Council, who will make the decision.
Thu 28 Nov 2019 Alderbury Village Hall
Salisbury Area Board (Bishopdown Farm) meetings 7pm
Mon 4 Nov 2019 City Hall